Tuesday 13 February 2007

Matthew 6:25-26 - God's Will

Well today I have had good news and bad news really. The bad news is that my work have not provided me with my yearly bonus, upsetting but I’m sure there is a reason for it. The good news however is that I have been provided with some dates so that Nell and I can go to Brazil in the summer.

The obvious thing for me to worry about is the money aspect. I will cost upwards of £3000 for us both to go. It got me thinking about God’s grace and god providing for his people, the obvious verse came to mind;

Mathew 6: 25-26 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Its very difficult for people these days to actually think about life in this way, but I know that if you are trusting of God, then God will provide a way to full fill his will. This is very important to emphasise – HIS WILL, not ours. I know that if it is God’s will that we go out to Brazil in the summer with Mez, then he will provide a way for that to happen.

We as human beings want for a lot of things, whether that be possessions in a worldly sense or being in a nice house with a nice car etc, now God may want you to do something else or be somewhere else and we need to trust God through all things. How did God make Moses do his will in Egypt, he had to take drastic measures but eventually God’s will was done.

We need to learn that God will provide for his will to happen, whether that be financially or physically, there is always a way that God will do this.

I have felt extremely flat today, and I have prayed so hard all day that if this is God’s will that it will be done and he will provide a way for us to go to Brazil.

A request: I’ve not made any on here before, but I request prayer that God gives both me and Nell peace of mind and a sense of God’s will being done. At the moment I feel that God really wants us to go there as the doors are open, but the hurdles that need to be overcome seem to be mountains at the moment. God can do all things, this I know and I ask that you pray that God helps me to overcome the hurdles.

God’s Will, Not ours.

Mikey .

No comments: