Thursday 8 February 2007

Isiah 61 v 10 - White as Snow

As I was walking through the snow to work this morning, the whole world looked white and pure. It made me think about all the bad things in the world and how the snow can cover the darkness and clothe it in light. Being the Christian that I am, I thought of the following verse;

Isaiah 61:10.

10 I delight greatly in the LORD;

my soul rejoices in my God.

For he has clothed me with garments of salvation.

and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,

as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,

and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

It got me thinking about the dark and the bad parts of my life and where I had sinned and thought about how Jesus’ blood and washed them away to make me pure.

I love the snow, I love the way it makes the world look and the way in which is has power to strip away the worlds darkness and cover it with blinding light. God does the same thing with us. When we stand before him in the last days, we will be as snow to him if we are Christians, we will be as a blinding light as Jesus has covered us with righteousness.

If it hasn’t snowed where you are, I hope you can visualise the world covered in God’s light and God’s glory and see yourself as pure before him. We all sin, that’s a given for Christians and Non-Christians alike, however God clothes us in his white robes and makes us pure again if we ask for his forgiveness.

Take care getting home if it has snowed where you are and I trust you will be able to look at the snow and be encouraged with God’s love and graciousness.

Walk by Faith, not by sight.

Mikey.

No comments: