Thursday 15 February 2007

Matthew 6 v 34 - Don't worry!



What with making plans for the future as I am at the moment, its easy in the worldly sense to forget the here and now. There are obviously things in which myself and Nell want to partake in and making financial plans and making practical plans for a long way off in the future are starting to take over. Having though about these things I picked up my bible. I read the verse that keeps me going and further on the passage I came across this;

Matthew 6 v 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

This made me think what God was trying to say to me. I know that earlier on in the passage he is telling me that he will provide for me if I trust upon him and I am doing that with gusto at the moment, but what God is saying here is slightly different yet resoundingly the same.

God is telling me her through the words of Jesus that I need to concentrate on my day to day walk with God and making sure that is right before the plans of the future can manifest into something much more.

Again, this all boils down to trusting God’s will and God’s ultimate and unfailing plan. We all think about the future, we all have ambitions but as Christians, these ambitions should walk hand in hand with what God is telling us and with God’s own plan. Worrying about how these things are going to work out, isn’t going to make the day go any faster, and can detract from the problems in my life as a the day goes on.

Obviously, this doesn’t mean that we should forget about the future, for if we did that, then nothing would get done, but what its saying here is that we shouldn’t worry ourselves by it. That we shouldn’t forget to glorify God in our actions today.

I challenge you, take a step back from what you are doing at this very moment, forget about tomorrow and the troubles it may bring and ask God for strength to do what his will is today and having the knowledge that what you are doing is glorifying him.

I pray today that my worry’s and concerns about the future and all of my plans and ambitions are placed into his hands and his will be done, not my own.

In Christ alone.

Mikey.

No comments: