Thursday 15 March 2007

Real Prayer Needed...


As i'm sure you regulars would have noted already, i've not blogged for about a week now. Its not because I've been to busy and it isn't because I can't be bothered, I am going through a spiritual and physical battle at the moment. I have felt like I'm reading the bible but the words aren't sticking, that when I pray, it feels like I'm mumbling about anything just to be heard at the moment. In short, i'm really struggling.

I would value your prayers at the moment, I would value you taking the time to lift me to the Lord and ask him to refresh me. Its the 15th March today, and I feel like I don't know what has happened between the beginning of the year and now. Its all been a whirlwind and I feel that I am too stuck in the routine of life. I've had 1 day's holiday this year, and I feel jaded, confused and a little bit alone.

I've read the whole of my blog over and over, and i've read countless passages of scripture and I feel like nothing is staying in my brain and it is all just words. I need some refreshment both in my spiritual life and also, in my physical life, but I can't see where that is going to come from.

I am working twice as hard as I should at work, and feeling trapped because the harder I work, the less likely I am to take time off because I don't want to loose track of my work.

Just pray that God gives me the strength to pick myself up, and that I am given the opportunity to be refreshed.

Thank you all so much for your love and support. It means so much to me.

Mikey.

4 comments:

Patrick said...

I will pray for you. I think it's kind of "normal" for people to have little funks like this from time to time...but with continued dedication and prayer I think God will help you out. :-) God bless!

Anonymous said...

Yes just step back and take a little r&r a time of refreshing. We all have a dry time now and then. Just stay in the word and dont pressure yourself - Its still there just - now is the time to rest and just allow Gods word to minister to you

Neil said...

Sometimes mate we just get to busy with trying to do the right thing and perhaps Psalm 46 v 10 may help" Be Still and know that I am God" It is probably worth taking the time to be still before God and allowing him to refersh you and refill you with the holy spirit. He is waiting to do it.

Anonymous said...

Mikey just to assure you it is not what you do but who you are in Christ that matters. God loves you more than you will ever know.
You have been very busy of late, not really giving you time to just reflect and enjoy being God's son, enjoying the fact that you have a personal relationship with the creator God, your Father (Abba) Father (Rom 8 v 14-17) .
Please remember that no matter how you are feeling the fact is that NOTHING can separate you from God's unconditional and lavish love (Rom 8 v 37-39).
Neil is right take time to be still and know that the Lord is yours and you are eternally the Lords.
Have a great weekend and we look forward to reading what you have learnt thru this short but all too real time of dryness.
We are all praying for you. The Lord bless you.