Wednesday 6 June 2007

Ephesians 1:3-5 - Pray in Praise


God has been so gracious and merciful towards me, and has poured out countless blessings in my life over all of my life, but it is only really recently that I’ve stopped praying just when things are wrong and things are bad. Its one of those Chicken and the egg things, do you pray because you are in trouble or do troubles happen because we do not pray? Personally I think it is very difficult to be prayerful when we feel that we have nothing to pray for! Strange to think that praise does not often cross our minds at this time. Ephesians 1:3-5 is the start of Paul’s letter to the Ephesians and of course it is part of a greeting, but lets read his words;

“3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5he[c] predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will”

Why is it that when the world views itself in times of trouble they will cry out to God saying where are you? Yet throughout days of peace and tranquility, they are constantly trying to think up new ways of pushing God out because he’s not needed. The first part of this passage states that God pours out his blessing constantly on and in our lives, and speaks of the ultimate blessing that we have received, the blessing of forgiveness through Christ, surely that’s enough to thank God for!

I don’t know if you know anyone famous or have met anyone famous, but I can’t imagine being a good friend of Tom Cruise, or someone just a famous but knowing that this famous person knows your name and knows who you are makes you feel special in someway. Imagine the God of creation knows your name, the one that was there at the start, who is there now and who will be there until the end of time, and beyond. This God who know’s everything about you and Jesus Christ is being an intercessor for your sin to God. I don’t know about you but it gives me goose pimples thinking about that. Verse 4 states that even better than that, he knew he and us before we even existed chose us to do his will as part of his plan.

I feel very special thinking about that, I feel that what do I have to fear when I have God on my side, what do I have to worry about when God has planned my life and why should I fear the evil one when I know that God has already decided his fate?

I praise God today for his infinite and wonderful blessings upon my life.

In Christ.

Mikey.

No comments: