Wednesday 20 February 2008

I'm coming back...

OK, so I had started to write some new ones and had planned on storing them up so that I could do a few series here, alas however, it wasn’t to be. Obviously something I had said wasn’t to be published simply because my work computer died and I managed to loose everything.

However, I am encouraged to see that this site is still attacting hundreds if not thousands of visitors per month and its encouraging that the words that I used some 12 months or more ago are still having an impact on peoples lives.

I’m not going to do a full sermon today, but what I will do is just leave you with a thought about the sermons coming up. I do have a series saved on my computer at home, and one which I hadn’t finished giving to Dell road church before I hurt my ankle late last year.

What would you do if everything you knew or loved just got wiped away within a couple of days? What is it that you would think if you just woke up one day and you had nothing? Not a penny, not your family, not even your health. What would you feel? Pain? Anger? Resentment? How about these feelings – Happiness? Joy? Peace? Serenity? Not too close to the top of the list are they. Over the next few days (could turn into months but we’ll see) we’ll be looking at this in a bit more detail For now, if you wanted to prepare, read Job chapter 1-4.

(i might even post the first one today... we'll see).

In Christ’s Name
Mikey

No comments: